Arctic Monkeys

Questa sezione è dedicata alle discussioni su OASIS, Beady Eye e Noel Gallagher (che non siano news o che si parli di novità , nuovo album ecc..) e su tutta la musica

Moderatori: silvietta, admin

Messaggioda quizzy il mar mar 21, 2006 8:13 am

qualcuno ha il testo di Despair in the Departure Lounge ?

LA COCAINA E' IL METODO CHE HA INVENTATO DIO PER DIRTI CHE HAI TROPPI SOLDI

Some singers try to be cool; Liam Gallagher doesn't do trying; he just is. If John Lennon were still alive, he'd want to be Liam Gallagher.
quizzy
madferit onorario!!
madferit onorario!!

Monkey fan ... Noel Gallagher

Messaggioda melmadferit il mer mar 22, 2006 9:53 am

Arctics are great
Definitely, er ... Maybe

NOEL GALLAGHER has performed an outrageous U-turn and is now shamelessly bigging up the ARCTIC MONKEYS.

Some Might Say he has blatantly jumped on t’bandwagon.

In case you’ve forgotten, this is the same Noel who not so long ago wrote off the Monkeys and took the mickey out of their name. On JO WHILEY’s BBC Radio 1 show last year he put money on them not getting to the top.

The songwriter said: “I bet you £50 they go nowhere with a name like that.”

But the Arctic Monkeys supported Oasis in Toronto on Monday — at Noel’s request.

And outside the venue Noel heaped praise on Sheffield’s finest.

He said: “You’ve only got to listen to the tunes. They’re unique to themselves. They’ve got their own thing and I really think it’s great.

And I like the way they don’t wear shirts, ties and blazers.

“If you’re in a room full of musicians, the Brits are always the ones in the school uniform and a hat.

“These kids seem to be pretty much like us. They kind of look like we do too.”

Noel is now a massive fan of Arctic’s lead singer and songwriter ALEX TURNER’s smart wordplay. But he doesn’t know how well they will go down in non English-speaking parts of the world.

Noel added: “They are quite stunning lyrics, which is all right if you understand them. But if you’re South American and can’t speak English, I don’t know.

“The sound is quite rock ’n’ roll, it’s kind of funky in a way. Whether it will translate, I don’t know.

“But I’m sure the Arctic Monkeys couldn’t really give a monkey’s whether it translates to people in China or not. They’re just doing their own thing.”

At least Noel’s not afraid to change his mind and recognise class when he sees it. And it must be incredible for the Monkeys to be supporting Oasis and have Noel talking them up. Alex has often said they were the one band who inspired them. They even learned how to play music from an Oasis songbook.

Meanwhile, all is not so well in the Monkey’s camp at the moment.
The lads — Alex, guitarist JAMIE COOK, bassist ANDY NICHOLSON and drummer MATT HELDERS — are worried they have become big too soon and they are beginning to feel they are being overtaken by all the hype.

They are on a tour of America which lasts for the next couple of weeks.

But they are also huge in Australia and Japan.

The constant travelling is beginning to feel like work and they are reluctant to be made to do things they really don’t want to.

Alex said: “We’ve become a shadow of the band we once were.”

I hope they can soldier on and keep enjoying it — I’m sure there will be a lot more good things to come.
Melanie
melmadferit
quasi madferit
quasi madferit

Messaggioda pita1982 il mer mar 22, 2006 11:48 am

MTV2 INTERVIEW

MTV2 will be showing an exclusive interview with Arctic Monkeys on the 24th of March. The show will also include six live tracks by the band. The show kicks off at 7pm on MTV2.

questo il link:
http://www.mtv.co.uk/mtv2/
Immagine
pita1982
madferit avanzato
madferit avanzato

Messaggioda scimmiaartica il mer mar 22, 2006 12:24 pm

Qualcuno ha la possibilità di registrare lo show che trasmetteranno venerdi 24 marzo su mtv 2?
Purtroppo non potrò vederlo!!!!
NUOVO FORUM ITALIANO SUGLI ARCTIC MONKEYS!
http://arcticmonkeys.forumup.it
scimmiaartica
principiante
principiante

Messaggioda quizzy il mer mar 22, 2006 7:18 pm

Exclusive - Morrissey apologises to Arctic Monkeys
Their success is 'just like The Smiths' says the singer
Morrissey has apologised to the Arctic Monkeys if he recent comments about them caused offence.

The singer was quoted criticising the band's rapid success while at the South By South West festival last week (March 15), suggesting it was too soon and "a bit unnatural".

However Morrissey has issued a further statement to NME.COM, explaining he was not criticising the Sheffield newcomers.

"I'm sorry that the comments I made at SouthBySouthWest about the Arctic Monkeys were printed so harshly in The Times and the NME," states Morrissey.

"I actually quite like the Arctic Monkeys and whatever I said was said with tender, avuncular concern. I hope to God I didn't upset their grannies," he added.

"In any case, I was wrong about their success being too sudden and without any dues paid, because that's exactly how it happened for The Smiths. So, I really should shut it."

© IPC MEDIA 1996-2006, All rights reserved | Site User Terms | Privacy Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Buy Our Content
Be Your Own Pet (Album)Yeah Yeah Yeahs (Album)Flaming Lips (Album)White Rose Movement (Video)
In The Magazine

Some singers try to be cool; Liam Gallagher doesn't do trying; he just is. If John Lennon were still alive, he'd want to be Liam Gallagher.
quizzy
madferit onorario!!
madferit onorario!!

Messaggioda donnje il mer mar 22, 2006 7:59 pm

scimmiaartica ha scritto:dai ragazzi!!!
iscrivetevi numerosi

Mi sono iscritto ed ho postato l'audio di 2006 03 21 Toronto ON Phoenix Concert Theater...

ma si trova il gig del 21.03.06 Air Canada Centre di Toronto che hanno fatto insieme ai fratellini?
Immagine
donnje
madferit avanzato
madferit avanzato

Song Preferita Oasis: The Masterplan - Waiting For The Rapture -Songbird
Album Oasis: (What's the story?) morning glory
Film: Donnie Brasco - Scarface - Cocaine Cowboys

Messaggioda quizzy il gio mar 23, 2006 6:29 am

l'hanno messo su dime

quizzy
madferit onorario!!
madferit onorario!!

Messaggioda quizzy il gio mar 23, 2006 6:39 am

donnje ha scritto:
iscrivetevi numerosi

Mi sono iscritto ed ho postato l'audio di 2006 03 21 Toronto ON Phoenix Concert Theater...

ma si trova il gig del 21.03.06 Air Canada Centre di Toronto che hanno fatto insieme ai fratellini?

nn avevo letto bene il tuo post....MA SCUSA NELLO STESSO GIORNO SECONDO TE HANNO FATTO 2 CONCERTI?

quizzy
madferit onorario!!
madferit onorario!!

Messaggioda donnje il gio mar 23, 2006 8:20 am

quizzy ha scritto:
donnje ha scritto:
iscrivetevi numerosi

nn avevo letto bene il tuo post....MA SCUSA NELLO STESSO GIORNO SECONDO TE HANNO FATTO 2 CONCERTI?

ho scritto male all'Air Canada Centre di Toronto hanno suonato il 20 quindi il gg prima ;)
Immagine
donnje
madferit avanzato
madferit avanzato

Song Preferita Oasis: The Masterplan - Waiting For The Rapture -Songbird
Album Oasis: (What's the story?) morning glory
Film: Donnie Brasco - Scarface - Cocaine Cowboys

Messaggioda quizzy il ven mar 24, 2006 7:12 pm

da poco su dime:

Arctic Monkeys 2006-03-20, Toronto, ON (opening for oasis)

quizzy
madferit onorario!!
madferit onorario!!

PrecedenteProssimo

Torna a Tutto sulla Musica