Arctic Monkeys

Questa sezione è dedicata alle discussioni su OASIS, Beady Eye e Noel Gallagher (che non siano news o che si parli di novità , nuovo album ecc..) e su tutta la musica

Moderatori: silvietta, admin

Messaggioda pita1982 il dom feb 19, 2006 4:39 pm

Monkeys to warm up Byron

Arctic Monkeys, Britain's fastest-selling band of all time, is tipped to be the headline act for this year's Splendour in the Grass event in Byron Bay.

Music insiders have revealed the band is already talking about an Australian visit, with the likelihood of extra shows in capital cities including Sydney.

The band's lead singer, Alex Turner, has fuelled the whispers by telling sources he is heading Down Under for the annual Byron Bay festival, which he cheerfully referred to as "Splendid" (instead of "Splendour").

Arctic Monkeys' debut album Whatever People Say I Am, That's What I'm Not was released in Australia yesterday, through EMI.

In Britain it was selling at eight copies a minute in its first few days of release and the album eventually outsold the Beatles and Oasis in first-week sales figures. (Thankfully, the album measures up to the UK hype - for curious music fans in Australia, it's really worth a listen.)

The band is a group of working-class lads from Sheffield who seem to have the knack of capturing some of the truths of growing up in modern-day Britain.

Not only has their music captured the imagination of millions of fans, the strength of the band's music also lies in its lyrical content - the poetic, street-style singing of Turner has been a phenomenal success.

An official announcement about the Splendour in the Grass line-up will be made next month, but acts such as Coldplay and Franz Ferdinand have already starred at the music festival, which is generally staged in late July.

Source: The Sun-Herald
Immagine
pita1982
madferit avanzato
madferit avanzato

Messaggioda pita1982 il mer feb 22, 2006 7:19 pm

NME AWARDS - Arctic Monkeys nominated for four NME awards!

The NME Awards will be taking place on the 23rd of February and the band are up for 4 awards. The nominations are for Best British Band, Best New Band, Best Live Band and Best Track for 'I Bet You Look Good On The Dancefloor'. Alex is also up for the 'Hero of the Year' award.

Also the NME Awards Tour gig from Brixton will be shown on MTV2 on the 1st of March at 9pm
Immagine
pita1982
madferit avanzato
madferit avanzato

Messaggioda MODs il gio feb 23, 2006 4:00 pm

Gli Arctic Monkeys hanno girato un cortometraggio

Gli Arctic Monkeys hanno realizzato un cortometraggio basato sul loro recente singolo "When the Sun goes down". Il gruppo di Sheffield, che poche settimane fa ha infranto tutti i record per numero di copie vendute di album nel corso della prima settimana nei negozi del Regno Unito, per il "corto" si è affidata ad un'azienda di Nottingham che ha realizzato due clip legati tra loro che raccontano la storia di una prostituta che lavora sulle strade della città dei Monkeys. La trama è vagamente basata sulla "storia" che avvolge il singolo stesso. Le riprese sono avvenute nell'ex città dell'acciaio poco prima dello scorso Natale. Il primo "corto" s'intitola "Scummy man" ed ha una durata di 14 minuti, il secondo "Just another day" e fa segnare gli 8 minuti. Entrambi i filmati sono stati girati nei pressi dello studio in cui il gruppo ha registrato l'album "Whatever people say I am…". Il lavoro sarà probabilmente vietato ai minori di 18 anni e dovrebbe finire su un DVD in vendita dal prossimo aprile.
(Fonte: "New Musical Express")
Immagine

www.myspace.com/thecyclopsband
MODs
super madferit
super madferit

NME awards

Messaggioda melmadferit il ven feb 24, 2006 11:57 am

THE ARCTIC MONKEYS swept the board at the NME awards last night, snatching three gongs.
The rookie band beat serious competition from OASIS, FRANZ FERDINAND, BABYSHAMBLES and the KAISER CHIEFS to win Best Track for I Bet You Look Good On The Dance Floor, as well as Best Band and Best New Band
Melanie
melmadferit
quasi madferit
quasi madferit

Messaggioda MODs il ven feb 24, 2006 3:08 pm

Arctic Monkeys make history at ShockWaves NME Awards
And Pete Doherty's here!
Arctic Monkeys have made history after being named Best British Band at the ShockWaves NME Awards 2006 tonight (February 23).

The band had earlier won the Best New Band award - it's the first time in the event's history that the same band has won both awards.

The group, who chalked up the fastest-selling UK debut album of all time last month with 'Whatever People Say I Am That's What I Not, have now claimed a hat-trick after 'I Bet You Look Good On The Dancefloor' was earlier named Best Track.

The Sheffield outfit were given their third prize by actor John Simm, and were joined onstage by pal Keith from We Are Scientists

The awards are currently continuing at the Hammersmith Palais in London, stay tuned to NME.COM for all the latest action.

Then came the shock of Pete Doherty turning up to play 'Albion' with Babyshambles. Other live acts tonight included Pete's ex-Libertines bandmate Carl Barat's Dirty Pretty Things, Plan B, Razorlight and Sugababes.

NME Awards webcams
Spy on rock's finest getting up to things that they shouldn't with our two NME exclusive webcams.
Immagine

MODs
super madferit
super madferit

Messaggioda pita1982 il mar feb 28, 2006 12:56 pm

Arctic Monkeys for Official England Anthem? Maybe! Hmmm?

(mtv.co.uk)Joe Cole has sung Arctic Monkeys’ praises and inadvertently kicked off a campaign to have them record England’s official World Cup anthem.

Speaking in an interview with MTV.co.uk at the launch of UMBRO’s new England away kit in Manchester earlier today, the England and Chelsea ace raved about the Arctics and Richard Ashcroft, his two favourites. “I’m listening to Richard Ashcroft and Arctic Monkeys at the moment,” said Cole.

“I think Arctic Monkeys are a fantastic new band. I’m playing in my car.”

So they’re in your car Joe, but how’s about having the Arctics recording this summer’s England song for their World Cup campaign? “Wow,” said the attacking midfielder, “I don’t know, maybe! You never know. I’m sure whoever does it will do a great job.”

Now while we recognise that this isn’t strictly a wholehearted plea by Joe Cole; it’s enough to get a campaign going. Come on Monkey boys - do it; do it!

And Arctic-Monkeys.com will back this too!

Source : MTV.co.uk
Immagine
pita1982
madferit avanzato
madferit avanzato

Messaggioda IV il mar feb 28, 2006 12:57 pm

Immagine
IV
:: Madferit Leggendario IV::

Song Preferita Oasis: Hey Now
Album Oasis: Standing on the shoulder of giants
Tifo per: Sturm Graz
Film: Pulp Fiction

Messaggioda pita1982 il mar feb 28, 2006 12:58 pm

appena possibile posterò qualche foto e qualche video che ho fatto al loro gig di Francoforte del 25 febbraio.....semplicemente magnifici!!!
Immagine
pita1982
madferit avanzato
madferit avanzato

Messaggioda IV il mar feb 28, 2006 1:03 pm

grande!!!!!!!!
Immagine
IV

Song Preferita Oasis: Hey Now
Album Oasis: Standing on the shoulder of giants
Tifo per: Sturm Graz
Film: Pulp Fiction

Messaggioda MODs il mar feb 28, 2006 3:27 pm

Da Sheffield pronti al debutto anche i 'parenti' degli Arctic Monkeys

Con l'album del debutto che ancora infiamma le classifiche britanniche, non si sopisce di certo la curiosità che avvolge gli Arctic Monkeys. Ma l'NME inizia, come del resto è suo lavoro, a guardare oltre. Cosa si muove attorno e dopo il pianeta-Monkeys? Un altro gruppo di Sheffield "imparentato" con la band stessa. Si tratta dei Makers, il cui frontman, Reverend, vero nome John McClure, è uno dei migliori amici di Alex Turner, il cantante dei Monkeys. L'altro elemento che lega le due formazioni: John McClure è il fratello maggiore di Chris McClure, l'uomo che appare (con una sigaretta in bocca) sulla copertina di "Whatever people say I am…" degli stessi Arctic Monkeys. I Makers, intenti a lavorare su un album, stanno effettuando alcune date live in giro per il Regno Unito ed affiancheranno come supporter Alex Turner e soci per il primo tour da headliner di questi ultimi.
(Fonte: "New Musical Express")
Immagine

MODs
super madferit
super madferit

PrecedenteProssimo

Torna a Tutto sulla Musica